Allied Government Solutions, Inc. is currently seeking qualified applicants for various Personnel Security Assistant positions to support several government agency departments in Fort Mead, MD.
These positions will provide personnel security administrative support in an office environment. Responsibilities include JPAS administrative duties and security records management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile, consolidate, disseminate, and report findings via Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access for incoming customer service requests to include: Compelling Need Requests, Congressional Clearance Inquiries, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) requests, General Customer Service Requests and Interim Determination Revisits, and provide support to Program Analysis by compiling and reporting data on agency productivity, quality, and training status.
- Send and distribute all facsimiles from the agency to various external agencies, facilities, and personnel
- Develop, establish, update, and maintain office procedures and records/files (classified and unclassified) to ensure effective and efficient operation of the office.
- Develop and prepare a variety of correspondence and other documentation, including but not limited to letters, position papers, reports, staff studies, staff summary packages, briefings, charts, and bullet background papers.
- Maintain working roster of space utilization, submit work-orders, reserve conference rooms, liaise with the agency’s Facilities Management Office (FMO)/Security Management Office (SMO) for key control and suite access, assist in the preparation and conduct of safety and security drills, and disseminate necessary information.
- Administrative support for QAS regarding data entry into Excel and Access. The Quality Assurance Support functions include: compile and provide reports utilizing Excel and Access, provide quality assurance briefings utilizing Microsoft Office or similar software, compile & disseminate Training Manual and SOP updates in Word and SharePoint, and Compile, consolidate, and disseminate, as appropriate, material received or derived from the various agency Divisions/Directorates or other agencies
- Maintain adjudicative productivity tracking products in Access and Excel and prepare reports upon request.
- Create and maintain reports requiring initial quality review from National Security Databases.
- Creating, maintaining, and reviewing records on adjudicators regarding level of training, eligibility for certification testing, testing dates, testing completions, conferment, and training courses in support of maintaining certification, utilizing Microsoft Office or similar software.
- Receive, sort, date stamp and file incoming case documentation to be processed for adjudication.
- Record daily statistics regarding all incoming case documentation (e.g. agency and type).
- Order and pull files requested by adjudicators, Branch/Team Chiefs, or other agency staff.
- Provide general administrative support to Branch/Team Chiefs regarding assignment and tracking of work.
- Assist the Government in creating, maintaining, and reviewing records tracking all eligible non U.S. citizens in JPAS & CATS.
- Collect, scan, and upload incoming adjudicative documentation into National Security Databases (NSD).
- Correct Social Security Numbers (SSN) in National Databases. Upon receipt of Reciprocity requests, query available databases, contact user agencies for clearance verification, and scan / upload confirmations into appropriate National Security Databases (NSD) for processing.
- Research and review suspense files for pending actions by adjudicators. The contractor shall review overdue suspense files in National Security Databases (NSD) for status and provide findings to designated DoD CAF personnel.
- Provide customer service to Investigative Service Provider (ISP) requests pertaining to a subject’s status in JPAS & CATS. The contractor shall request complete and incomplete files from ISP.
- Read and analyze reports for adjudication to determine whether scope of investigation meets specific investigative standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Top Secret Clearance
- High School Diploma
- One year of relevant experience
- Working knowledge of the Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS)
- Working knowledge of Case Adjudication Tracking System (CATS),
- Working knowledge of Electronic Questionnaire for Investigations Processing (e-QIP)
- Working knowledge of Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII)
- Working knowledge of Defense Employee Interactive Data System (DEIDS),
- Working knowledge of Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Suitability/Security Investigations Index (SII), and Personnel Investigations Processing System (PIPS) personnel security applications/systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Access, Excel, Outlook, Word
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by this position.
An ACTIVE Top Secret Security Clearance is REQUIRED:
Working hours are 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday through Friday.